Atyx is positioned as a partner to support major projects in decarbonization sector.
We are involved in project for our client who has more than 150 cranes (Gantler bridges and harbor cranes) with a lifting capacity of 10 to 470 tons. A large number of our client’s cranes date from the early years, meaning that the cranes that were most heavily loaded, are currently in need of replacement or overhaul. In this context, our client is looking for a crane project manager, who is also responsible for the discipline of mechanics and steel construction.
You will be employed in the crane construction cell in Gent. In this position you are project responsible for mechanical conversions and new cranes, and you are also responsible for the discipline of mechanics and steel construction per project.
Your role in every project
In consultation, you determine the basic requirements of the assignment. These requirements, supplemented with the applicable standards, guidelines, good practices from previous projects, planning, etc., are converted into a specification. You are responsible for developing the general requirements as well as the technical component regarding mechanics and steel construction. You will manage a colleague who is responsible for the technical aspects of electricity and control. You will discuss the specifications in detail with the potential suppliers, after which you will carry out a technical review of the offers received. Based on the quotations received and the associated project costs, you will make you a total budget for the project.
In the phase after ordering you are responsible for:
- The general project management in which you are responsible for:
- Compliance with the contractual requirements
- Following up and respecting the allocated budget
- Respecting the planning
- Managing your colleague who is responsible for the discipline regarding electricity and control
- The discipline regarding mechanics and steel construction in which you are responsible for:
- The control of the received engineering documents in the field of mechanics and steel construction
- The control of the entire construction phase with regard to this discipline
- The test phase and commissioning
- The aftercare.
- Main location: Ghent – Belgium
- Given the international nature of the supplier panel for new cranes, you will carry out inspections depending on the status of the project (especially during the phase from construction to transport). and hold meetings abroad.
- Bachelor’s level (Electro)Mechanics
- Have a high level of practical knowledge of mechanics and steel constructions (reading plans, checking structures, etc.)
- Be enterprising and proactive
- Be able to work in a structured, punctual and independent manner
- Have good communication skills to be able to express yourself both verbally and written in Dutch and English.
- Knowledge of the following applications: -MS Projects, Word, Excel, Powerpoint-CAD software 3D and/or 2D-SAP
- Work experience: At least 5 years of experience in a similar function