Fleet Upgrade Project ManagerIndustrie des procédés
Fleet Upgrade Project Manager
Atyx has been a trusted supplier of innovative and customized technical support solutions since 2001, working with major projects in the Energy, Environment, Infrastructure, and mining sectors worldwide.
We are looking for a Fleet Upgrade Manager and a Dry Dock Director.
1. Retrofits projects
1.1. Project coordination
- Be in charge of specific projects of retrofits
- Coordinate with partners (Officers, Service Engineers, Agents, Shipyard, Engineering companies etc...) about projects engineering and implementation.
- Evaluate and confirm the complete project planning (engineering, logistics, installation, commissioning...)
- Prepare project status reports by collecting and analyzing information and trends, recommending actions.
- Be in daily communication with the planner, PMO, doc controller and logistic team.
- Follow budget and costs.
- Ensure continuous and accurate communication with Fleet department and complete hand over at the end of the project.
• Manage and organize the project by:
- Developing project objectives.
- Reviewing project proposals, plans and bids from contractors.
- Determining project technical specifications (product design, customer requirements and performance standards).
- Completing technical studies (basic design and detailed engineering).
- Following the installation (in shipyard or at sea) assisted by the site offices when required.
2. Dry dock Projects
- Set docking schedules;
- In collaboration with Fleet department, create and update dry-dock standard specifications.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Define project scope and specifications.
- Issue DAI, in collaboration with the Superintendent.
- Monitor project engineering and drawing issuance.
- Check Purchase Orders for the project.
- Provide technical advice to procurement department during supplier negotiation and selection phase.
- Plan and perform kick-off meeting.
- Liaise between all interested parties to monitor execution of the project (dry dock or afloat repairs, class renewals, retrofits, and new equipment installation).
- Manage deviations to the initial specification.
- Monitor project expenditures and approve invoices up to limit of authorization.
- Monitor project status (progress and quality) and take actions, when necessary, in liaison with the site office.
- Perform annual review with the yard and suppliers, including review of claim status.
2.3 Close-out and hand-over
- Perform yard evaluation.
- Issue EDD, in collaboration with Superintendent.
- Perform hand-over and closing meeting.
- Perform project close-out (close contracts, compile final reports and documentation).
- Prepare budget, in liaison with Superintendent.
To be pursued ASAP.
Mechanical or process engineering background with 2 years in Shipping sector is preferred.
- Master degree in Engineering or Naval architecture, C/E or 2/E.
- Good knowledge of Shipping industry and preferably on the specific projects you are in charge of.
- Fluent English.
- Competent with various software, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Project management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Rigor, method and organization.
- Multicultural experience.