Atyx has been a trusted supplier of innovative and customized technical support solutions since 2001, working with major projects in the Energy, Environment, Infrastructure and mining sectors worldwide.
We are looking for a Structural Engineer – Marine Energy H/F.
Détails du poste
Main Duties & Responsibilities :
– Technical and project management support on the structural design of tidal turbine system
– Technical and project management support on the structural and geotechnical design of foundation system
– Carry out structural analysis using FEA software (ANSYS) and hand calculations
– Develop novel solutions and validate by experimental testing
– Adhere to design standards and processes providing guidance to ensure DNV Offshore Certification requirements
– Ensure rigour in the design approach on the integrity and quality of the design concepts and the delivery of detailed designs of the selected concepts
– Ensure that delivery of design output is of the highest quality, with adherence to project timelines and budgets
– Report and present findings and design proposals internally and to clients
– Manage and review output from third party consultants
– Ensure that all design work is performed
– Practical, creative approach to design with an emphasis on simplicity of design, manufacture and operation
– Ability to produce hand-calculations to back-up designs & carry out “sanity checks” on FEA results
– Minimum of 7 years engineering experience within a mechanical/structural engineering design team
– Practical experience in an FEA design package Ansys, Abaqus or similar
– Ability to plan structural work and to develop structural tools to meet design needs
– Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team working skills
– Experience and demonstrated ability to working within tight timeframes
– Excellent work ethic & flexibility
– Recent experience working with DNV Offshore Codes and Certification Requirements.
– Recent experience working in the marine and offshore sector.
– Knowledge of offshore geotechnical design, welded structure design, composite design.
– Knowledge of heavy-lift, mobilisation and deployment in the offshore environment.
– Knowledge of renewable energy systems and the marine environment.
Pays : Irlande
Localisation du poste : Greenore, Ireland
Date de démarrage : ASAP
Salaire : To be defined